Hi blog! Did you miss me? 'Cause I missed you. I really have been meaning to write, but then I got busy with the whole end-of-school thing.
Oh.
Yeah.
Did you catch that? End. Of. School! As in done! Finite! Terminado! Like, forever! No more tuition, classes, homework, or finals. Can you feel the relief? I certainly can.
So, to recap: my birthday was pretty darn awesome. I was sitting on the floor of the apartment playing Set with Stephanie and all of a sudden, Savannah and Aubry burst in through the door, threw a pink pillowcase over my head and started dragging me out the door. After being thrown in the car, they drove me to a park for my very own birthday barbecue. Complete with a Cookie Monster cake and a gilded leatherbound edition of The Hobbit (which is definitely the way to my heart--well done, Stephanie). I'm so ridiculously spoiled by my roommates.
I've still been a massive sicky, and my boss may or may not have less-than-favorable-feelings towards me right now, since I've missed so much work. (My old Nazi-boss from Fareway would have fired me long ago. Dude, like I can help it if I can't breathe). But! I'm finally doing better. Just in time for summer break. Go figure. My body tries to kill me during finals, and then realizes summer (and no more school--Forever!) is here and decides, "Hey! Let's party now!" Gee thanks. I could have used some of that health earlier. You know, like for beating the big bad boss, Finalculus. (You don't have to laugh. That was a lame one.)
My cousin had a couple of trauma-based brain abscesses that temporarily paralyzed him last week, which gave me quite a scare, I'll be honest. He's my age, and it happened because he had his wisdom teeth pulled (one more reason--as if I needed any--to leave my stupid teeth in there until they cause an actual problem, not some imaginary future one). He's almost fully recovered now, so my grandma and I drove up to Logan to see him yesterday.
One hair-raising drive through almost-zero-visibility-rain later, and I'm home now.
And it's Father's Day. ^_^ More on that later.
1 comment:
:| Eep! Wisdom-teeth removal can do that?! *shudder* *big shudder*
That's scary.
Ender had a dentist appointment where they had to put him under (just for fillings, but he's a toddler and wouldn't hold still for that)...and I hated it. It was awful to seem him on drugs like that. And I hated signing the paper that said death was a possibility. Sheesh, want to scare me any MORE?!
=(
Post a Comment