- New clothes from awesome roommates who have great taste
- Shakespeare plays
- Professors who smile eagerly when they see me, meaning I'm actually a good student occasionally. :)
- Well-thought-out dates where someone's actually paid enough attention to me to figure out what I like without having to ask me
- Getting a call to interview for a job that I really really really want, which means that that editing test that scared the crap out of me didn't actually do much damage
- Kristopher Lange, for a million reasons, some of which involve bailing me out of awkward situations, staging a faux breakup on his doorstep, just to mess with his roommate's head, being tenacious enough to wring the truth out of me about how good or not-good my days are going, and cheering me on when life seems like it wants to eat me
- Brothers who have the Priesthood and are getting all mature, even if I'm not sure I'm ready for it
- Late night talks (way, way too late) with people who mean the world to me
- Peaceful temple experiences, both on the grounds and doing work inside. I've spent a portion of most days there recently
- Back rubs, massages, hugs, and snuggles from various people who just want to show they care
- Apartment prayer, which has turned our ghetto apartment into a home, and my roommates and friends into family
- Ice cream cakes and berry smoothies
- Surprise parties thrown for someone else
- That post-aching strength that you feel after beating your body up with physical exercise and realizing that you can do a lot more with it now
- Inside jokes about fire and, on that topic, an awesome quote wall that always makes me smile when I read it
Life was never meant to be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW! What a ride!" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
13 September 2010
Gratitude
In no particular order, I'm grateful for...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment