Short and simple tonight. Long story short, the last few days have been just plain awful. And I have no idea why. Believe me, if I knew, I'd tell you. But I can guarantee that it's not for any reasons that most people might think of. Anyway, things are looking up again thanks to:
Qait, for working her healing magic the other night and for knowing me so well.
My dad, for telling me in his no-nonsense way that everything would be alright. I didn't want to hear it, but he was right.
Grandma, for dropping everything to pick me up and be a shoulder to cry on.
Joanna, for breaking through my alarmingly big bubble today and opening me up, as well as offering some sage advice that, yes, I did take.
Stephanie, for putting me to sleep playing with my hair tonight.
Brian, for being a worthy priesthood holder, for knowing me just a little too well, and for sneak-attack-hugging me at Church today because he could tell that I was having a bad day.
Savannah, for worrying about me and being patient enough not to push me to talk when I didn't want to.
Michelle, for offering to help, even though I had no idea how to help anyone figure out what to do for me.
Kunkee, for respecting my big bubble and not pushing into it until I was ready for it.
Kristopher, for making me laugh and reminding me that he thinks I'm awesome.
Dallin, for offering words of comfort.
Nick, Nick, and Brice, for being hilarious and making my sides hurt from laughing too hard.
Annette, for her hugs. I needed them so much.
James and Corina, for the hugs, the smiles, and the little reminders that they care.
Joel, for complimenting everything about my outfit.
Christina, for giving me the biggest hug in the world.
Brianon, for the brief moment of shared empathy today.
Eleanor and Jenny, for awesome lessons in Church.
And for everyone else who reached out, said hi, tried to make eye contact, or wanted to catch up. I may not have responded, but none of it went unnoticed.
Yes, I'm singling people out. All of these people have been answers to my prayers over the last few days, and I want them to know how very very grateful I am. It also helps to show that, even though I felt an overriding sense of loneliness and isolation, I wasn't alone at all. So thank you, to all of you, for blessing my life. And I'm so glad God gave me friends to look out for me when I'm not able to do it myself.
3 comments:
Love you sweetie! I am grateful that dad and I aren't the only ones on your list anymore! Whew! It does take quite a crew of people to help anyone maintain sanity.
My crew has been a bunch of little kids for decades.....does that explain my loopiness?? Thank goodness a few of my little ones are growing up!
Nothing like family and friends to help us through the rough patches of life!
Hope you are feeling bright and cheery again! :)
HAhaha, your mom makes me laugh. I miss her.
You're welcome, Lynnae, anytime!!! And you'd better know I mean that.
Post a Comment