Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

15 September 2010

Oh Shakespeare

It's official. I'm irredeemably a Shakespeare geek. First of all, my date last Friday knew that I would love seeing Taming of the Shrew in the HFAC and so bought tickets to it without even checking. And I loved it, it's true. Then, my roommate and I sat down and watched another version of Taming of the Shrew on Netflix, just for fun.

And if that weren't enough, I dreamed about meeting Shakespeare last night. Not even kidding. It was one of the most memorable dreams I've had in the last few months. I was going to some unidentified friend's house to watch a Shakespeare play and when I walk in, lo and behold, Shakespeare himself is sitting on the couch, looking all otherworldly and timeless. To get in the spirit of the play, he dons his traditional 16th century clothes, and we sit down to critique his themes and discuss the genius of his writing. Nerd heaven.

I woke up laughing this morning and thought I'd share it with you. Feel free to make fun of me if you want. I'm cool with that.

Oh, and PS: I do in fact have a favorite word now. Pulchritudinous. It's the ugliest-sounding nice thing you can ever say to someone. I love doing it just to see their faces.

1 comment:

Qait said...

Yeah, tasty! PULCHRITUDINOUS! That's a good one.

Last night (oops, I mean this morning), I dreamed that I was bored while Michael went to work, so I went to a fair and danced a very weird circle dance with hundreds of people and then tired of that and grabbed Ender, met up with Michael, and walked through a desert where at regular intervals we found dresses from the 1600s or 1700s (who knows) that were set up just ready for me to jump in and zip up (even though they didn't have zippers till the very late 1800s). I posed, and Michael took pictures.
What is this? Some strange inner desire to be a model? No thanks! And really, if it was supposed to come from the fact that I like fashion and designing dresses when I'm trying to fall asleep, well, FAIL. Because the dresses had skirts that billowed out for hundreds of feet. Not kidding. The one I was trying on when Michael woke me up was bumblebee-yellow until I zipped it up, at which point it became white and ugly with a really weird collar.
So dumb.
My dreams are SO DUMB.