Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

31 January 2011

Happy Happy Nerd

Life is busy. It's hectic. I have way too much on my mind most days. But as if that weren't enough, I received a gift today. A gift with the title The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide. Stephanie said it was a "Happy I love you Day!" present (aka, she won a fat discount at the Bookstore today and just so happened to find the perfect book). And it is probably one of the best spontaneous presents I've ever been given. So my problem?

I can't put it down.

And I have SO much to do! Stephanie offered to write letters of apology to my professors, which, though tempting, is not something I can condone. Because, I repeat, I have so much to do! And all of it needs doing.

Sigh.

My nerd is so very insistent sometimes. I need to convince her to nerd out about magazine articles or something instead. But she's so set on Tolkien.

So basically, my nerd is extremely happy right now. The rest of me is a little worried about the pile of items on my to-do list. A conflict of interests? Oh yes. Absolutely. Given the option, I would be happily curled up under a blanket right now. Unfortunately, being an adult means that responsibility sometimes negates options. And so I plug away at article-writing, flyer-designing, and resume-spiffing. At least they're all fun(ish), so I can keep the nerd quiet long enough to focus.

And what a sweet reward I will have when I'm done. :)

2 comments:

Qait said...

That's good discipline right there!

I think I relearn that lesson something like every month. Oh, responsibilities... but I'm glad you love what you're doing! I do too! :)

Flamel said...

I love you, Lynnae. My life is full of so many amazing people.