Life has been... interesting. And I really need to try to update more often than I do.
Hah. The girl next to me finally moved her backpack, thus confirming my theory that the seat I am now sitting in was in fact unoccupied when I decided to occupy it. Oh the joys of finding somewhere to sit in the JKB, seeing as most of the decently comfortable seats are usually taken. But I got a spot on the comfy couch on the third floor. Go me.
We passed cleaning checks today. As usual. Because we're awesome. This time, however, it was accompanied by a friendly reminder that April cleaning checks are From Hell because of contracts ending. Therefore, we will not pass next time unless we surpass our current awesomeness. It can be done.
I have given thought to doing the 30 day photo challenge that some of my blogging friends are doing, but then realized that I don't take enough pictures. So no 30 day photo challenge.
My attempts at stream-of-consciousness writing don't work nearly as well as Savannah's. I'm too much of an editor at heart, and I desire to make sure that everything I say can be understood by people who read me. Therefore, my form of stream-of-consciousness writing is usually just a string of discrete thoughts.
And yes, I used the word discrete in the mathematical sense. Considering yesterday was mathnerd day *cough* sorry, I meant Pi Day, I feel rather proud of myself at the moment.
Once upon a time, I got up early to write a paper proposal. After staying up late to research for said proposal and getting up early to write it, I then turned it in and found out that it wasn't due until Thursday. Instead of being upset, I'm actually quite pleased. Because I have already started working on the actual draft, and therefore I am ahead of schedule on at least one thing in my life.
I made the realization today that we recognize the shapes of words as much as the combination of the letters that make the word. Correction: I already knew that. But what I didn't know was that my name is completely foreign to me if I only see the last half of it. When I see "-nae" I automatically think of the name Jenae, not my own. Apparently my identification with my own name is tied up in the "Ly" part of it. For some reason, I find that immensely funny.
When I write -- and this is the budding typographic nerd in me coming out -- I have huge descenders, especially on the letter Y. Qs, Gs, and Ps are relatively normal, just not Y. Not sure why. Kunkee, feel free to pun shamelessly on that, if you so desire.
Waiting to hear the results of a job interview is one of the most frazzling things I've ever experienced. Even when I know that I will get called regardless of whether or not they hire me. I pronounce a curse upon all employers who don't call their interviewees. That falls under the category of cruel and unusual punishment.
Related to that, I almost got super mad at my dad yesterday. Not because of anything he did, but just because he called before 5, which meant that my phone buzzed at me and was not Church Magazines calling me to inform me of their hiring decision. The built up nerves and frazzledness just wanted to unleash on somebody and, had I not possessed the presence of mind to remember how much I love my father, I might have exploded on him. Which would have been unfortunate. And difficult to clean up. So beware. Calling me before 5pm for the next several days might be a risky venture. If you must contact me, text. I won't freak out in that case.
Swedish Twister is a delightfully awkward game. We played it for FHE last night. In some ways, it's better than real Twister because you don't have to use your hands and therefore your butt is not waving in the air for the majority of the game. I don't know about you, but I'm okay with that modification. Also, there is no spinner. Another plus.
And yeah. That's my life.
1 comment:
Whaaa? SWEDISH Twister?
This sounds like all kinds of fantastic.
Also - in Seattle, I found an art gallery devoted exclusively to printing... as in printing presses making typographic artwork. I thought of you; I'll pass along contact info if you're interested.
Post a Comment