Quite a few people have mentioned/complained that I haven't updated my blog in a while. So apparently some people actually like reading about me and my life. Fancy that!
So, in an attempt to make amends for my dismal blogging (which is only marginally surpassed by my dismal journal-keeping... back when I actually kept a journal...) I'll see if I can summarize some of the things that have been absorbing my attention over the last couple of weeks.
Jillian Michaels was destroying me. In a good way. "Shredding" would be the more correct term, I believe. Stephanie and I have been doing her 30-day Shred workout video in the mornings four days a week and oh.my.crap. It is a great workout. I haven't felt this fabulous in ages. Granted, my long weekend of sitting, sleeping, and eating hasn't really improved me much in the last few days, but still. And honestly, I probably should be embarrassed to admit this, but the very first workout very nearly incapacitated me. A super-high-intensity workout of muscles that don't get that kind of exercise normally added up to produce a very sore Lynnae. For about three days, I couldn't help but whimper a little as I went around the business of being me. Happily, that has gone away now.
I recently finished putting together a "personal history" for my InDesign class, which consisted of "bookifying" this blog into a publishable format. Not all of it, of course. Video clips and Calvin and Hobbes strips got left out of the mix, but anything that remotely documented my life found its way into the book. It's been rewarding to look back at last semester and see how far I've come since then. Some of it makes me cringe to remember how hard a lot of those experiences were, but I'm a better person for them, so I'm glad that such a difficult time in my life was fairly well-documented.
Legend of the Seeker. It's a tv show. There are only two seasons of it, thank goodness, because otherwise, much more of my time might have been sucked up into that. I stumbled across it one day and it said that it was about swords and magic and prophecies and wizards and all sorts of fun stuff that happen to be exactly the things I like best. So I got hooked. For better or worse, it's on my birthday wishlist now. :)
Self discovery. Yes, I've learned some rather amusing facts about myself. Namely that I may or may not be a little bit of a runaway when it comes to guys who show interest in me too quickly. It's a complex idea that I'm still working on figuring out, so I'll keep you posted.
Those are the main things that have been on my mind. Well, there is one notable exception, but I'm purposefully trying hard not to think about it until I find out more. So you'll just have to be kept in suspense until later this week. I know, wicked of me, right? >:-)
3 comments:
Hmmm...I don't think I want to wait.
How about you hang out with me this weekend or something? Lynnae, I've seen far too little of you this semester, and that just won't do!
By the way? Duh, of course we love reading your blog. :) You're awesome. In all ways.
So I bet I was the nag about the blog!! I enjoy it so much that I am going to work towards ex-ing Facebook and getting a blog!
Hey, where did you go last night? You owe me a call. Dad and Bri were in suspense when I told them you were going to call me back and that I got left hanging!
Loves to my wicked, runaway, ripped, sucked-into, gorgeous, talented, blessed eldest!
oxoxo mOm (hugs in the middle!)
Yeah~ how else are we supposed to keep track of ya if you don't blog???
Post a Comment