Geez, I suck at blogging this semester. I realized this as I was going through my old journals last night in a rarer-than-it-should-be trip down memory lane. Since my blog is sort of doubling as my means of keeping record of my life, and since my journaling has gone down the tubes, I think I need to kick it up a notch or two.
Honestly, I think part of the problem is that I still haven't heard yes or no on the Church Magazines internship, and as a result, my entire life feels like it's on hold. I am, however, 99.34% sure that I will know by General Conference. That's the magazines' busiest time of year and by the time they're done rushing a magazine out in four weeks, it'll be May and the summer interns will need to start. Since they're hiring fall and summer interns at the same time, it makes sense that we'll know before they get bogged down in rushing the Conference issue. Granted, all of this is still just theory, but it helps me keep my sanity if I have at least some idea of a timeline. So here's hoping.
On a slightly different note, Brian is flying into SLC on Monday and going into the MTC on Wednesday. AH! I'm starting to feel some of those loneliness pangs as it sinks in that my brother will be gone for two whole years. I have to admit, it will be a little difficult, because he's like my best friend. Fortunately, writing him will be easy. I've promised him snail mail for his whole mission, and I'm committing to it right here, right now. I've never had a missionary I've consistently written to, but my wonderful little brother deserves all the commitment in the world. Which reminds me, I need to buy stamps...
My mom and I are also maintaining a mission blog for him, though she'll probably be doing most of the posting. I'll give you guys the link next week when we put him in the MTC. Please feel free to follow the blog and see what he's up to. He's going to be an incredible missionary, so it will be well worth the reading time. :)
Other than that, life is... life. I go on dates, I watch movies, I write papers. Nothing too thrilling. Just busy being me, and all that that entails.
3 comments:
It's okay, we're patient. :) Don't let the blog stress you, at least.
Lynnae, you described exactly how I feel waiting to hear about this internship. Argh!
YOU suck at blogging?
:P
;)
Post a Comment