Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

23 April 2011

"Girl's" Night Out

Tonight, I had a Girls Night Out. It was great. We went out, ate food, talked about boys, and went to see a movie. Only that movie was I Am Number Four, we ate at a burger joint, and we talked about with one boy: Kristopher, since he was with us the whole time. Yes, that's right, our girls night had me, Stephanie, and Kristopher. A boy. Ironic, isn't it? The funny thing is that it was all his idea (even the mani/pedis that we ended up not doing, but planned on). He heard us talking about girls nights and complained to us that boys never do that sort of thing. So he batted his big eyes at us and got us to take him with us the next time we went.

The funny thing is, his exposure to the girls night experience, while lacking in the makeovers and pedicures he'd been imagining, was actually fairly representative of the way girls nights go down in my apartment. We usually stick to just food and a movie. And more often than not, the movie is an action movie anyway.

We also learned that we just can't take him anywhere without some girl falling head over heels for him. We were standing in line at Five Guys, waiting to order our burgers, when a girl behind him commented on his shoes (those weird toe-sock-type shoes that I will never ever get used to, no matter how many times I see him wear them) and he said something typically witty in response. He was too busy ordering his food at that point, but I saw the girl turn and give that "he's so cute" look to her friend--complete with the little girly giggle. *facepalm* Oh Kristopher, you heartbreaker.

All the better for me, because the fact that he is so good looking makes it twice as much fun to be his best friend. First of all, because when girls overload him with goodies (attempting to use the old proverb "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach" to their advantage) he often donates a significant portion of them to me and my roommates and we get to benefit from magnificent culinary labors without all the cooking-and-cleanup hassle. Second, because the sheer confusion that runs across a girl's face when he flirts with them in front of me (or Stephanie) is always, always priceless. And third, sometimes it's just really entertaining to get the stink eye from some jealous girl, just because I get to sit down next to him. Add those perks to the basic friend-perks of making me laugh, helping me out when I'm in a jam, and keeping me humble, and I'm never bored. 

All in all, one of the best girls nights out I've ever had. Not to knock on my other GNOs with my roomies, but irony just makes things that much more fun.

2 comments:

Qait said...

Um yeah, speaking of culinary magnificence, what about all my loads of tupperware, hm?

...besides, what kind of ransom is that?

:D Glad you had a fun GNO with a guy. Sometimes those are more fun! ;)

Flamel said...

Um... isn't it "Girls'?"