Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

18 April 2011

Narnia

Did you know I can identify an Andrews Sisters song by the third note? I didn't either, but I'm watching the Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe as a reward for working stupendously hard this morning, and they play an Andrews Sisters song during the hide and seek segment. Three notes in, I was pretty sure it was them, and sure enough, IMDb tells me it is true. I'm not a 20s music buff or anything, but I went on an Abbott and Costello binge about four years ago, and the Andrews Sisters were a staple cameo in pretty much every episode. Apparently I heard them enough that their sound stuck.

Anyway, the point is that I'm watching Narnia. It's my present to myself, since I got up crazy early, wrote a paper, caught up on every ounce of homework that I hadn't done for one of my lit classes, and I'm too braindead at the moment to move on to my portfolio and my other paper.

I'm also celebrating a little bit because I just bought the Chronicles of Narnia Leatherbound Classic and I'm more than a little excited about the gilded cover and beautiful artwork and everything. Plus, I've been meaning to own the books for ages. So yeah, I'm celebrating. ^_^

1 comment:

Qait said...

Good for you! It's crunch time for Michael, too. I am not jealous.

By the way--you never do answer your texts, do you!--I saw that I missed a couple calls from you! I hope everything's okay...
I don't know why I missed them because I was awake. Until about 4am, and even then I hardly slept. I've been very sick, and when I lie down, my cough won't stop.