Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

04 April 2011

Papering

So, I have this funny way of writing research papers. Since scholars are so smart, and I feel like they always say what I think I should know how to say, I go through all of my sources, paste them into my paper in different colors (coded by source, of course (heh, rhyme.)) and then start filling out my own ideas in normal black. It serves a dual purpose. First, it's a pretty dang easy way to cobble together an outline and see how my paper is probably going to go. Second, you know those stupid rules about two sentences of your own stuff for every sentence of a quote you use? Yeah, colors make it really easy to see how you're doing on that ratio.

But I'm sure you all are just fascinated by knowing how I write papers. Heck, that subject is mildly boring, even to me. The real point of this entry?

PDFs can take a while to download. Since I need the sources I'm downloading to, you know, write the paper, I don't have anything else to do. I'm bored.

Ha. You're stuck with my paper-writing process.

Also, Calvin lied. Last-minute panic did not work as a motivator. In this case, I credit sheer, mule-headed stubbornness.

2 comments:

Qait said...

I actually WAS fascinated... :)

Flamel said...

I'll probably be using some of what you said to help my writing in the future. Just sayin'.