Life was never meant to be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW! What a ride!" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
19 April 2011
Halp!
You know that feeling when you try so, SO hard to think intelligently and instead you just feel your brain slowly being sucked into the oblivion? Yep. That accurately summarizes how I feel right now. In the last three days, I have gotten a cumulative 8 hours of sleep, a whopping 25 pages written, two portfolios compiled, 10 hours of research done, three loads of backed-up laundry washed, my room cleaned, and my bed tidily remade. One 7-page paper left to go and. I'm. DYING!
The only thing my brain is capable of producing is a continuous loop of ChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucerChaucer.
And, I might point out that it can't get past that part. Chaucer is important. He did something cool in that one tale, and I've read like a bajillion articles about it, but I can't for the life of me articulate anything on the subject right now.
So my brain has given up and is now repeating bedbedbedbedbedbedbed over and over again.
One paper. 7am tomorrow. I can do that.
Ha.
The funny thing is that I'm still on the computer typing when it would be a better (and more effective) break to go fold my laundry and take a shower (stupid finals week... I have not showered nearly enough for my tastes). But I think my body is on autopilot and, in its desperation to feel productive, just likes the typing thing.
Man, I hate writing about literature. Okay, well, maybe I don't hate it. Not nearly as much as other people do, but my recent revelation that I should have been a linguists/Elang major has manifested itself in an increasing abhorrence for literary analysis. Which is probably why I haven't applied myself all that much to my literature classes this semester.
On the other hand, I still have A LOT to show for the last four months. An internship with the Ensign. A fully-published, gorgeous issue of Stowaway Magazine that includes my byline, design work, editing work, and reader-submission pet project. Four beautiful design projects (flyer, newsletter, book, and photo album) all prettily printed and bound. A redesigned portfolio that I can now use without shame for any and all future job applications.
And no, I'm not bragging. Well, maybe a little. It's more like taking some time to remind myself that I have accomplished a lot this semester. Which will hopefully motivate me to finish accomplishing stuff this semester by finishing this dratted paper.
Nope. Not working.
Time to try the laundry-and-shower thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah, laundry...my excuse is I've been very sick and am still considerably sick.
But laundry is like debt in that it never sleeps and never stops growing! :| Aaaah!
Does it count as bragging if you've worked really, really hard? Is self-recognition truly bad when it comes from simple honesty?
Either way,
do BRAG AWAY,
my dear Lynnae!!!
(when I realized it rhymed, I had to make it all poetical)
Post a Comment