Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

13 December 2010

Counting Blessings

A friend asked me last week to count my blessings. I didn't know it at the time, but he had an ulterior motive. Turns out he was definitely on to something, though. Anyway, I'm exhausted. I had a big family party last night, came home to a roommate Christmas party, went to bed, woke up at 4am to write a 10 page paper (yes, all 10 pages of it) by 9am, and now I'm off to work until 5pm.

However, with that in mind, I'm still grateful for a lot of things. So here are the good things about today ("today" being loosely defined as the last 24 hours or so)

- I got to see my cousin Jason again. He's been a favorite cousin for decades, and it was great to reminisce and talk again after two years
- I finished the paper I got up this morning to write, which means the biggest stress of my finals week is over pretty much before finals even begin
- I finally have a date with the one I've been waiting all week to hear from. :)
- Yesterday was pretty much a giant "I love you, Lynnae" hug from the Lord, so I cried a ton, but it felt amazing. It's been a crappy semester (as you all know), and it felt like He was reminding me that I'd done a good job and He still loved me in spite of my laziness/overstressing tendencies.
- I go home in about 94 hours, which means I get to see Mom, Dad, and the whole slew of siblings. Hallelujah.
- I have nothing else to stress me out today. Just work, which is almost always enjoyable to the max.
- My roommates take great care of me, as does my little brother.
- I had a great heart-to-heart with one of my other cousins last night, and I'm so immensely grateful for how close I am to all of my family, both immediate and extended.
- This semester is almost over, and I'm still praying for that January miracle. I just want next semester to be better than this one. Something tells me that it will be.

2 comments:

Mom said...

So glad you're counting hours!! I'm not and can't or I will go absolutely loopy and completely dysfunctional!

SOOOO....do I have to wait until you get home to get all the details?? Who was the "other cousin"? How's MY family?? If you forget any of the details before Thursday don't bother getting off the plane!! (WAY just kidding on that irrelevant comment)

oxoxoxox slobber, squeeze and munch you to death!!!

Qait said...

:) Ah, Lynnae....
Next semester really should be better. It had better be because I'm praying for you. ;)

Love you, cutie.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!