So I got on Facebook this morning and noticed I had two event notifications. The first one said "Party time with Kyle & Rachel!" I knew it was the wedding event/invite for my ward friend Rachel and her brand spanking new fiance. Since I'm pretty sure I'm free that day (sometime in February), I said yes.Then came the confusion.
The next invite? "Kyle & Rachel are getting mare-weeeeed!" But it was for a way, way different date than the first one. I clicked in and stared at it for a second before realizing that it was in fact an invite for a different friend named Rachel (an old Michigan friend) who was, funnily enough, also marrying a man named Kyle.I had to laugh. Go figure. I also know an apartment of guys who once upon a time all married girls named Stephanie...
On the bright side, the likelihood of that happening to me is next to none.
However, I wish to extend congratulations to both my Rachel-friends. I'm so happy for you both! And I will definitely try to make it to both weddings. I consider it a blessing that the doubleness only extended as far as the names: the dates are still different, which means that, barring any unexpected happenings, I can go to both. :)
Also, I love that both "WE'RE ENGAGED!!!" pictures looks roughly the same as far as posing goes.
Additional congratulations to Monique & John, Tevan & Ris (no double-name problems for you two!), Dan & Alisha, Matt & Joanna, Faith & Joe, Heidi & Nate, MacKenna & Drew (I'm so sad that your wedding date moved up! I wanted to be there!), and the dozens of other couples who got engaged or are getting married. You all deserve the very best!
Oh, and on the topic of wedding announcements (well, sort of on topic...), this is probably the funniest/randomest wedding announcement I've ever seen. I don't think I'd ever be inclined to do something like this, but they win points for originality. And yes, I do know them. Well, him. He's an acquaintance from California, and from what I know about him, this totally fits.

2 comments:
Oh my gosh! That announcement is priceless! Ba ha ha ha ha!
Ha! That's hilarious!
Man, I can't believe how many people you listed as engaged. Seriously.
I guess it's the season? Especially at BYU? Why am I surprised?
Post a Comment