I apologize if I sounded vaguely ranty in my last post. After rereading it, I don't think it's that bad, but I felt a little riled while I was writing it, so...
Anyway.
I just colored my hair! My mom still has her old magic touch and it came out absolutely perfect. A few shades darker (my natural color now looks like highlights) with some auburny-red thrown in. And it's short! Not super super short, but above-my-shoulders short. And just so you know, I've been dying (haha. pun.) to change my hair for about four months now. So it's probably one of the better parts of my Christmas break (though my whole break has been fabulous, don't get me wrong).
The other part has been the sleeping. I keep getting up super late because my sister has this anti-light thing going on, so she has blackout drapes and she flips the digital clock on its face so that the numbers don't glow. It's slightly obnoxious because apparently I have to have the sun peeking in through the window in order to convince my brain that it's time to wake up. At the very least, my body keeps track of how long the sun has been up until it can successfully guilt me out of bed. But right now it's as black as a cave in my room, even at midday, so my wake up routine is completely defunct. Joy. Not that I'm complaining too much. I never get enough sleep during the semester. But I do feel a bit bad about not getting up and helping Mom in the mornings.
Oh, and the best positive news. Apparently I was number one on the "girls to meet" list for a rather attractive guy in my family's home ward who was home from BYU for Christmas. He talked to my dad about me last week and then this week, came and found my parents again and asked about me enough that my little brother, when he caught me coming out of the bathroom (where I'd just met the guy's mom, ironically enough) said "Hey, there's a boy looking for you" in that annoying little brother way.
The "boy" looking for me was really easy to talk to and he seems like a lot of fun. Sadly, the fam was all gathered around, and so were his little brothers, so my flirting style was a little cramped and it would have been weird to exchange phone numbers right then. So it ended with a "I really really hope we bump into each other on campus" instead. Not quite as much of a guarantee of seeing each other again, but at least there's the mutual hope of a accidental meeting, right?
Regardless, it felt awesome to have someone looking for me like that.
All in all, this break has been awesome. My family was exactly the kind of antidote I needed after such a hectic and, let's be honest, awful semester. Yes, there were a lot of good things about this last semester, but it was still a rough ride, and I needed a good strong dose of tonic to recover from it. Family is the best medicine I know of, and this break has been no exception. I'm honestly excited about this next year. It's no longer something to survive, but rather something to savor and enjoy as I go through it. So bring on 2011. The old Lynnae is back to run the show again. :)
2 comments:
Family = best tonic after bad semester? Amen, sista.
Hey, glad youäre having a good break.
... and about the guy: just add him on facebook, and then send him an invite to a movie party or send him a message suggesting you get together.
Classless? Maybe. Effective? Yes.
Hope you have a happy New Year!
Post a Comment