So that better choice I mentioned yesterday? Just got better today. I went to crash my brother's ward's break-the-fast because Stephanie and I were hungry and Michelle's birthday dinner was planned for later. Brian's friend (the flirtatious one) was there, naturally, and we talked for a little while. Then, later on, he caught me by myself and said, "Hey, I have a question." When I responded curiously, he said, "Can I take you to lunch sometime this week?" followed closely by, "Can I have your number so that I can call you for lunch sometime this week?"
Wow. Brownie points to the man for being straightforward. Considering his already-existent appeal based on the fact that he was easy to talk to, he definitely got a yes. :) And my weekend got even better.
But... on to the main point of my entry today:
TODAY IS MICHELLE'S BIRTHDAY! And, to borrow a rather clever quote from a girl in my ward, she's turning 19 for the... well, unstated number of times in a row. If she wishes to reveal her age, that's up to her. I won't do it for her. But that's beside the point. As we all know, age is just a number, and Michelle exactly as old or young as she should be. I love her for it, and I often forget that she's a different age from me at all.
So, to celebrate the anniversary of Michelle's birth, Savannah cooked a fabulous dinner that we ate as roommates (joined by Kunkee, who is as much a part of our closest circle as any of our roommates are). Part of me hated Savannah for her cooking, because I couldn't help but eat more of it than my body would have liked. It was worth the stuffed-to-the-brim feeling, though. :)
I'm so glad that I have Michelle as a roommate. She's been a huge example and a wonderful sister. So many people have told me that they found their best friends in high school or in their freshman year of college, but for me, I found all my true friends a little later than that (aside from Qait, who's been my sister for 7 years now). But believe me, it was worth the extra wait. There are times that I think about moving away and changing things up, but honestly, I couldn't bear the thought of facing everyday life without them. It's a support system that I know I can rely on, no matter what happens.
Outside of my parents, who are the most steady, loving, solid support I could ever ask for, my roommates are my lifeline. And Michelle and her faith, testimony, love, and crazy-but-contagious-laugh is a huge part of that. So thank you, Michelle, for being my sister. I love you.

2 comments:
I LOVE MICHELLE TOO! :D
Awww... Thanks! I love you, too!
Post a Comment