Okay, what is with everything suddenly springing up at me during the last two weeks of school? And I don't mean school stuff. Ironically, school is being surprisingly kind by lightening up during my finals, which is a huge relief. No, I'm talking about my social calendar. Suddenly people are exploding out of the woodwork with things they want me to be a part of and I'm sort of frustrated by it. I mean, hello, where were you guys all semester? I mean, I like the dates, parties, and reunions, but seriously, do they all have to be at the same time??
Which brings me to the topic of tonight. It's not that I have date every night or something like that, but I am juggling two engagements tonight (it would have been three, but I had to drop one). Remember that date I chose to bail on last week? Yeah, so he did in fact take advantage of the rain check I offered... asking me to do the same thing this week. Although, he did show up at my apartment this time and ask me in person. Which won him back some brownie points.
Unfortunately, some old friends from Iowa really want to see me and my brother tonight, and since one of them is the girl that my brother is still secretly crazy about, I am definitely going to do whatever I have to to make the reunion happen. But that leaves me in a tight spot, because I can't bail on a rain check. There are so many things wrong with that that it's not even an option. Which means that I have to try to keep things short and still hope to get us up to Bountiful in time to see the girl.
Enter Kristopher, my ever-constant knight-in-shining-armor. Figuring out rides and transportation was extremely stressful and after trying five or six different options and getting so frustrated that I wanted to throw something, I grumbled that it would be really convenient to still be dating a man with a vehicle, because presumably, a boyfriend would not mind going and meeting old friends of mine for one night, while very few other people would enjoy it. Especially since, to be dating me, he'd probably be more interested in spending time with me, right? That aside, in the absence of a vehicularly endowed boyfriend, I settled on calling my best friend to see if he might be willing to help. He's a champ. I only wish I could do the same for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment