Well. I'm excited.
I think I'm going to love school this semester, which is such a refreshing change from my entire attitude last semester.
Why?
It all stems from the simple fact that I am a nerd. A giant, obsessive, all-things-editing-and-British-literature-related nerd.
My capstone editing class is looking to be an absolute beast, and at the risk of sounding slightly masochistic, I couldn't be more excited about that. I'll be up to my eyeballs in designing, editing, and putting a magazine together with my classmates, and the whole atmosphere of the class feels much more like a real publishing firm (well, the way I'd imagine they would feel) than a classroom. I'm about to get into the dirty work of being an editor, with all the lovely, splendid mess of rushing deadlines and staring at words and layouts until my eyes cross.
Then! there's my British lit class with an awesome professor. British Lit to 1500. Which only happens to be my favorite literary period of all time. Or historical period in general, for that matter. So pretty much nerd heaven.
And of course my InDesign class, which, considering I wanted InDesign for Christmas (pretty much more than anything else, though I knew it was way out of my entire family's price range) gains an automatic "Lynnae will love this!" stamp of approval.
And I love work.
Thought I'd throw that in there. My boss is awesome. My coworkers are awesome. Greg, who isn't my boss but isn't my coworker because he's full time and therefore more important and powerful than me, is also awesome.
And yes, apparently "awesome" is my word of the day. And why shouldn't it be? My life is going to be hectic, crazy, possibly quite messy, but, to quote a movie line that I've always rather liked: Life is the messy bits. If it's not messy, chaotic, and crazy, it's not a life worth living. Because I've always found exhilaration in conquering the things that seem like they want to conquer you.
So yes, I'm a bit excited about this year.
I prayed for a January miracle, not sure what I was going to get, but this, this enthusiasm for everything, is the perfect miracle. I'd half wanted someone great to come into my life, or for things to fall into place somehow to make my life easier, but that's only solving half the problem. Far better to be able to take things as they come, good or bad, and love every minute of it. That is my January miracle. Whether I re-found myself with my family, or whether I just needed the clean slate of a new year, I found my passion and excitement again, and that is an answer to a lot of prayers.
I love that the Lord answers our prayers in unexpected ways, often by helping us change ourselves, rather than just changing our circumstances. It truly is...
Awesome.
2 comments:
OOoxoxoxOOO
So happy you are up and writing again so I can read something wonderful each day! Written by someone I know!
One of the best posts ever! I'm so happy for you! I'm so happy you're happy!
That is very wise and grateful of you to recognize your miracle even when it came in a less than expected way!
Post a Comment