This week has been a good one for me, and I'm immensely grateful to everyone who was part of it, because I feel tremendously loved.
First of all, Kunkee took me to see Tron Legacy on a date that we mutually agree was one of the best we've been on for a long time, predominantly because there was no pressure, no expectations, and the nerd factor was alarmingly high. It felt great to be so completely comfortable being that geeky. He is definitely a true and trusted friend.
The prospect of giving my talk today had me all sorts of nervous this weekend, but my friends, in true, annoying-friend form, all filed in and sat on the VERY. FRONT. ROW so as to be as close as possible to me, with the mixed intentions of cheering me on and making faces at me to make me lose my composure. For what it's worth, I appreciated the gesture. It shows that they love me in their own, totally unique way.
My dad left a voicemail on my phone that included, among other things, "I miss you" "I love you" and his calling me Dots, which is a nickname that never ceases to inspire warm-fuzzy feelings whenever he calls me that. I can tell you the story behind it sometime, but the gist of it is that it's a name that he reserves only for me, and only when he means he loves me the most.
I get awesome hugs from so many friends. Chris's hug nearly compressed my shoulders together today at church, and I kind of loved it.
Stephanie and I snuggle on the couch so often, just talking. It's not a super obvious show of love, but the close companionship is always perfect. She even forgives me freely for some of my stupider blunders. And trust me, I've made a few.
And of course, the huge outpouring of love and mercy I feel so often from my Heavenly Father. It never ceases to amaze me. :)
2 comments:
That's sweet. :)
Don't forget that sitting beside you as you were nervous were Chris and ZheevCo! (spelling butchered intentionally)
Post a Comment