Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

18 January 2011

Grapeful Grapes

So our apartment has this thing every night where we pray together and then go around the circle and say at least one thing we're grateful for. A lot of you who read this blog have probably joined us at least once. So once upon a time, there was a bowl of grapes that were delicious, and the girls of Apartment 21 sat in a circle eating them as they listed the things they were grateful for. Michelle tongue-tied the word when it was her turn and said that she was "grapeful" for grapes. And that is the longer-than-I-intended story behind the title of this post.

In no particular order, I'm grateful for:

  • Cute new boots from Stephanie
  • Books that I actually have a lot to say about when I'm in class
  • Being a gospel doctrine teacher
  • PizzaPieCafe
  • Adorable engagement pictures of two of my favorite people in the world
  • Working with people who are a ton of fun
  • That my bike was not frozen to the bike rack this morning (a first in about three weeks)
  • The most ridiculous, sexist Youtube video ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w
  • A new episode of Chuck aired last night -- I can get my weekly dose of Zachary Levi again
  • Magic Erasers, because they save my butt in cleaning checks every single time
  • Proposing a successful solution to our split vote on the theme of our photo contest in my magazine class -- just use one as a theme for the anecdote submissions. :)
  • Jessika's absolutely delicious cookies
  • Zivko, because his comment in Relief Society last week has come back to haunt me this week; but at least it makes me smile
  • Chocolate, because I'm pretty much always grateful for that
And yes, I did update this after I originally posted it. Sorry for any who miss the additions because of that. I had to run to work before finishing, so I figured I'd just add on to it later. :)

2 comments:

Flamel said...

First, totally though that said "sexiest", not "sexist". Second, I second your fourth bullet.

Qait said...

Hahahha! I shared that video with my family.

:)