It's relevant because I keep finding myself perking up instantly whenever I hear people talk about Texas. It's true. I've been converted, heart and soul. I love it there. I've never fallen in love with a place so fast, or really at all. I've always liked the places I've lived, but to get so immediately attached to a place? It's totally new.
But here's the thing I love about Texas, and this bumper sticker says it all: they don't have the elitist pride that I didn't like about Southern California. It's more of a "hey! you moved here! Welcome! Please fall in love with this place, because we love it and we think you're great too!" They have that gentle, non-obnoxious arrogance that comes from really truly loving their home enough to want to share it with everyone else.
So yeah. I'm in love. And the reason I brought it up? Some cute guy in the ward is from Texas (complete with a nice big Texas belt buckle) and I found myself going "ooh! awesome!" It made me laugh. But I also understand at last how my friends who have served missions in Texas can love it so much. It's a pretty great place, and I can't wait to go back. :)
1 comment:
Yeah.
I'm actually sad that my sister moved away from Texas because I felt like I could claim Texas as long as she was there. *sigh*
Maybe I still can? I lived there all of ONE MONTH-- and fell in love with it too!
Post a Comment