So it's a new year and, just to be rebellious, I did not write a New Year's Day post. Though truthfully, I did in fact think about it. However, after successfully batting my eyes at my dad and using the "Daddy, I'm leaving today and you won't see me for awhile" card to get him to take us to Tangled and order out for pizza, I pretty much went straight to the airport on New Year's day and flew home. So I was a bit busy that day. And can I just say that I like that particular daughter card? It works almost every time. ;)
Life has been pretty good. I'm actually surprisingly excited about starting school again (can't wait for my editing classes to start). It also helps that I had a date today to go snowshoeing. A second date. Which, my roommates were quick to point out, was the same circumstance at the beginning of a very successful seven-month relationship. Oh roomies. So quick to matchmake me.
You know, a quick side note on the whole romance thing: I've decided not to worry about it. There are nice guys to date, best guyfriends to hang with, and all in all, I've got some things on my plate that are more important in the sense that I actually have full control over them. So I'll worry about those and let the Lord figure out the rest. And that pretty much sums up my dating philosophy.
Though others may consider it a little strange, I'm also looking forward to starting work again. My boss emailed me my new work schedule today so that I wouldn't forget which hours I'd told her I'd work (I love that I get to set my own hours, by the way), and I felt a little swoop of excitement. Granted, the fact that I love what I do, that I'm doing what I love, and that I love who I'm working with, all definitely contribute to my overall enjoyment of work.
And yes, I'm fully aware that this is a rather meandering post. I find that I have more fun with less-structured writing sometimes. Don't worry though, I'm batting around ideas for how to write creatively as well. Because, being me, I get frustrated when I sink into a writing rut, where everything sounds pretty much the same. I like changing things up. So welcome to the new year. 2011 holds all the promise and change that I've been waiting for. :)
1 comment:
I'm sure the daughter card will be operable for years to come!!! oxox
Post a Comment