Discoveries by me, that is. Not world discoveries. Those are, sadly, too often not pertinent in my life. Although there was that one cool Old English trove they found last year that might actually affect our understanding of Old English someday. And yeah, that would probably only be pertinent to someone like me.
Anyway. Back on topic.
-For some bizarre reason, Sprite tastes better from a Christmas-ornament-shaped bottle than from a regular one
-Savannah's laugh attacks are hilarious. So are my boss's.
-I'm prone to squeaking when poked, even when I'm expecting it. .... which is probably information I shouldn't have given you...
-Preparing for a talk in church is infinitely more nerve-wracking than preparing for a lesson
-Annette looks amazing in an awful lot of different wedding dresses, but (and this is her discovery too, naturally) we did indeed find the right dress! :)
-I seem to have started a hairstyle-changing trend in my apartment. First I cut and dye my hair, and then Savannah and Stephanie do, too
-I can still read for hours on end and not even notice the passing of the time. I've missed being able to get lost in books like that
-One of the books I'm reading for my novel class is downright hilarious. I'm actually really enjoying my homework enough to get ahead on it, for once
-I shop really, really fast. You name it: grocery shopping, clothes shopping, dress shopping, even book shopping. I am crazy efficient. Which often leaves me sitting and people watching while I wait for my friends to finish their shopping
-People are fun to watch
-I have a complete inability to remember the name of Sutton Hoo, which is a combination of two Anglo-Saxon burial grounds that contained fantastic archeological evidence and insight into the Old English time period. I had to go dig up one of my old textbooks to remember the name. I only discovered this because I was trying to write about it at the beginning of this post and it was bothering me
Sorry to disappoint with the lack of groundbreaking discoveries. I'm not Copernicus. Or Leonardo da Vinci, though I do indeed know how to open a door, just like he did. ;) (points for correct reference identification)
Happy Saturday, ya'll. Mine's been great. Hope yours was too.
2 comments:
First paragraph may contain an error. Feel free to delete this comment later.
EVER AFTER!!!! What's my prize??
I love your discoveries. :) They're cute!
And I was going to say something else but I forgot. It left me.
Post a Comment