Despite my usual difficulties with waking up before 9, let alone 5, I was awake at the exact same time my alarm went off, and though I had to hit snooze and give my eyelids a chance to catch up with my brain, I was totally ready to write that paper. I've never had a paper come so smoothly and well-organized before, but that's how it rolled out of my fingertips this morning. Honestly, I'm actually legitimately pleased with how this one turned out.
And! Even though, through my earlier neglect, I did not have the book we were supposed cite in the paper, it turns out that Chris did, and he called me just as I was finishing up my paper so that I could go over and add the quotes in.
As simple and mundane as that story might be, to me, it was miraculous. The fact that everything went so smoothly and that I could get everything done, despite the setbacks the my earlier slacking had created just goes to show that the Lord is infinitely merciful, whether or not we deserve it. And I definitely did not deserve it this morning, but He chose to help me anyway. I am extremely grateful.
And since it's Thanksgiving, I'm going to dedicate a portion of every post to things I'm grateful for. Today the list includes:
- My "ventriloquist" pizza rolls, which sounded suspiciously like Aubry, reminding me to cook them and then eat them, each time the oven beeped.
- Kristopher texting me a scripture reference last night, which was the exact scripture I needed to read again. His timing was perfect, as always.
- My little brother. For everything. I love him more than I love almost anyone else.
- My coworkers. Especially Greg and his "Santa Stomach" episode last Friday, which still made us laugh this morning when we thought about it.
- Also, the series of "inspirational" emails that got passed back and forth among us in the office, which often contained things like, "Yaaaay..." and "Good job and all that stuff." All phrased in such a way that they were anything but expressive/inspirational.
- Aubry just got abnormally excited about our recent acquisition of rope.
- The fact that when I walked out into the rainy morning and turned on my mp3 player, it was playing "Rain is a Good Thing." I couldn't agree more.
- Liz Knoche, for giving me a ride to school this morning, even though she didn't have to.
2 comments:
Yeah, but, the song Rain is a Good Thing isn't a good song! I hate to be the pessimist, but seriously? "Rain makes corn, and corn makes whisky...whisky makes ma baby a little bit frisky...RAIN IS A GOOD THANG!"
Those little miracles like that, your waking up at 5am, are some of my favorite kind. You said you didn't deserve it? Heavenly Father thought you DID! And it's such a beautiful, tender mercy when He demonstrates His care for what we suspect are little things...or things we don't deserve.
So is it bad that I secretly (well, not-so-secretly) love that song anyway? :)
Post a Comment