Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

15 November 2010

Small Joys

Since my last post was pretty much one long, detailed gratitude item, today's entry will be just a list. Plus, I don't really have any aspects of my life that I wish narrate/expound on at the moment. Life is good. ^_^ That's better than I was able to say during portions of last week.

THE LITTLE THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE (and therefore I'm grateful for them):

I have a Mac mouse attached to my PC at work, because all the PC mice (mouses? what's the correct plural for the electronic version?) decided to crap out on us, but I didn't feel like bothering my boss about buying a new one. So I stole a spare mouse from our Mac equipment. I enjoy seeing the contradiction, especially when the IT guys try to use my computer. It gets great expressions of confusion from them.

Brownies at work, since it was Laurel's birthday, and she decided to share the love, thus providing me with easy access to chocolatey baked goods, which are always most welcome.

I'm currently recycling an old Shakespeare paper from freshman year for a paper I need to write for my Shakespeare class this semester. I looked at it today and found, to my immense surprise and pleasure, that it is already 9 pages long, which is well within the page requirement for the new assignment. So basically, all I have to do is trim out some of the quotes from the play itself, add in citations from the research I've been doing, and do a deep-tissue edit on it, and I'm all set.

On that note, I'm grateful for my editing class, because we're doing workshops at the end of the week, and we're each supposed to submit a paper (old or current) from another class to be edited by our peers. Free editing! It means that my eyes won't be the only ones looking at this paper.

The smell of leaves as I walked home today. One bright side to the cold, drizzliness that has been dripping from the sky for the last two days: the wetness brings out the scent of the leaves and I LOVE it!

My brother is going on his mission to Puebla, Mexico on March 30th, 2011. Old news for most people by now, but thinking about it gives me warm fuzzies. I'm inexpressibly proud of my little brother for all that he's accomplished with his life so far, and everything he's going to do in the future. He is going to be an awesome missionary, and he'll come home to be a wonderful husband to a very lucky girl.

The way Michelle gets really into any movie we watch or game we play. Her enthusiasm always makes me smile.

No comments: