Music 101 tests will be the death of me. Not because I'm failing them. On the contrary, I'm doing remarkably well considering my ineptitude at distinguishing musical patterns in classical music. But seriously, I spend so many hours studying for those tests. And by the time I'm done, my level of functionality is appallingly low. So I'm kind of glad that the game night Michelle had planned for tonight didn't work out. I'm not required to be remotely intelligent now. :)
The Gratitude List:
A successful double-date that was a lot of fun, considering I orchestrated the planning part of it last-minute. But after spending three weeks trying to make the blind date between Stephanie and my friend happen, we pulled it off and had a ton of fun. So much so that it was like pulling teeth for Michelle to get us to end the date and go to the Harry Potter premiere. But I felt a clash of priorities. Boys and fun socializing vs. waiting in a theater for two and half hours? Really, it's no contest. Which would be why I wheedled 45 extra minutes out of her, clever girl that I am.
Seeing Kenna at the Harry Potter premiere. That girl could be my soul mate, and I never get to see her, so hearing her call my name was probably the highlight of the evening. Also, Kenna was planning mild forms of revenge on my behalf regarding past events and while I discouraged her from any such pursuits, I appreciate the loyalty and affection that it represents.
THE WEEKEND! I'm so exhausted and I feel like I've really earned this weekend. It's been a long but very productive week.
I fixed up the tires on my bike so that I could use it again, and I'm so grateful that it gets me to school faster and gives me some exercise at the same time.
Munchkin Bites. Awesome game. Full of funny drawings, wacky words, and bizarre scenarios.
Ryan word-nerding out with me while playing said game. It always warms my soul to encounter someone who loves words as much as I do, especially when that person isn't competitive about it. It wasn't a who-knows-more contest and I loved that fact.
Much Ado about Nothing. Because, as we all know, I love Shakespeare, and I love that play in particular. I always forget how much until I watch it again. :)
This time next week, I will be in Southern California. At Disneyland, to be precise. That's enough happy to carry me through for several days.
I bumped into a friend at the testing center and he gave me a ride home. Considering the dark, I am extraordinarily grateful for friends with cars.
Kristopher brought us cookies the other night. And it's always so much fun to answer the phone when he calls.
No comments:
Post a Comment