Want to know the story behind the name? Click here!

06 November 2010

I Love Being an Aunt

So I'm back with my every-other-Saturday post about how much I adore Ender and Qait and Michael. See, it's becoming a kind of tradition to spend every other weekend at their place in north Orem. We stay up ridiculously late (although going to bed at 4 was actually significantly earlier than last time) talking and reverting back to our teenage days and then in the morning, when Ender's actually awake, we revert back to being adults (well, mostly) so that we can take care of him.

This Saturday was made extra special by the fact that Qait's sister Rae came up from St. George with her three kids and left them with us while she did a giant photoshoot in Springville. (I still think you're a trooper, Rae! Great job on handling the nerves. I thought you did it very gracefully.)

I'm still super mad that I forgot my camera again (I even thought about it before I left...) so still no pictures of Ender, but Rae is an awesome photographer and she posts tons of pictures of her cute kids on facebook, so I conveniently thieved this picture of Reed, Savvy (Savannah), and Jaxon from her profile.
Aren't they so stinkin' cute? 

I think I'm completely in love with them. Ender still has first dibs on my love, of course, but these three are big contenders. Especially Savvy. My arms ache from carrying her and Ender around the playground, giving them piggy-back rides, swinging on swings with them in my lap, and rescuing them when they got stuck on the monkey bars. It's that good kind of ache, though. The kind where I move my arms, feel the pull of tight muscles, and remember how much fun I had making those muscles sore.

The one downside about all this lovely family time with Qait and Co.? I have to go back to being a single girl at the end of the day. No more potty-training, getting food, snuggling on the couch with Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, or kissing owies better. I mean, I suppose I could do that with my roommates, but something tells me that they'd really object to most of those things. I really hope they'd object to all of them, but I can't guarantee that... ;) 

All in all, it was fun. And next time, I WILL remember to bring my camera so that I can take a recent picture of Ender.

2 comments:

Qait said...

You left your sweater, and I have money for you. Monday!

Qait said...

And that was SOOOO fun!
I really enjoyed the treat of playing in the leaves, too.