
But guys! It's SNOW! There's just something about it that warms my heart (ironic as that is, seeing as it's frozen stuff falling out of the sky...).
Besides, there's so much fun to be had in the snow. Stephanie currently hates the snow, but she's the Golden Investigator of Snow Loving, because she told me today that she wants me to help her learn to appreciate and love the snow. So, my dear Stephanie, here is a list of all the wonderful things about snow:
Snowball fights (just have 'em in Orem, where they're not illegal)
Sledding
Snow on trees = pretty much the prettiest thing ever
Snow angels
Catching snowflakes on your tongue
Making steaming mugs of cocoa when you're done playing in snow
Hearing that delightful crunch of snow under your boots
Building snowmen
Creating snow forts where you can cuddle up inside with someone and it actually gets fairly toasty
Dancing in snow is like dancing in the rain, which we both love to do, except with snow, you actually get less wet
There are few things lovelier than the sparkles of snowflakes in your hair
That cold nips at your nose and sends a warm rush of blood to your face, which reminds you how very alive you are
Being tackled into the snow is significantly less painful than being tackled into solid ground (beware: I may or may not be inclined to do this to you at least once during the winter)
The world seems like a quieter, more peaceful place with that blanket of snow on the ground
There are few things in this world more dazzling than freshly fallen snow
And the best thing: sitting cuddled up in a blanket with a mug of cocoa and a book by a window looking out on a winter wonderland. There's just something perfect about that, especially when you have someone to share it with.
Keep in mind, those are only a few of the things I love about snow. And yes, the snow is early this year, and a part of me bemoans the whole getting-less-sleep-because-I-have-to-walk thing. (I guess I could ride my bike but I have two words for you: skunk stripe. It's miserable to sit in class with a wet, slushy stripe up the back of your pants. Granted, this problem would be solved by installing a fender on my bike, but I'm one gifted-handyman short at the moment.) But in the long run, I will always have a soft spot for snow. :)
[I didn't take this. I wish I had. Thank you Google Search for the lovely image. And thank you to the unnamed artist who took this picture.]

3 comments:
Right now I quite enjoy finally having a roommate who dislikes snow like I do. What else can you expect from a girl who grew up in Southern CA? I like snow for most of the reasons you listed, but I HATE snow because I HATE driving in it and it's freezing cold. I like being able to go outside and be warm and not be constantly sick because of the cold. I'm not bitter... not at all. :D
Wow. Thank you, Scrooge. ^_^
Let me add to the list - looking up into the night sky, and seeing sparkles fall past the street light toward you, and realizing your completely encompassed in glittering flakes.
You forgot making out in the snow or tumbling around in it.... >:)
Come to my house for a snowball fight with the first good snowfall! (I didn't realize they're illegal in Provo...darn)
Post a Comment