Unofficial hiatus over. Sorry for my high distraction level. Sometimes life just kind of sucks you up and whips you along for the ride, even when you'd like to sit one out. It's been a good week. My cousin got married on Friday morning, which required that I get up two hours earlier than I normally do, despite my "day off" from school and work for the event. Two added bonuses to his wedding: 1) My dad came up for the wedding! and 2) he got married in Manti, which is only my favorite temple ever. The Jacksons have a history of getting married in the Manti temple, and I've wanted to do the same since I was a little girl. There's just this special feeling about that temple.
Then my dad, my uncle, his fiancee, and I played hookey from the wedding party pictures (since we're just the extended family...) and went to this delicious little ice cream parlor in Mount Pleasant. Can I just say that I'm probably in love with that banana cream pie shake? It was heaven in a cup.
Thank you, Uncle Gary, for introducing me to my newfound love. I just don't have the money or the means to support this relationship. Mount Pleasant is a long ways away. :(
Other highlights from this past week:
My 4-year-old cousin crawling up onto my lap, giving me a kiss, and playing with my hair before curling up and falling asleep in my arms.
Being addressed as my friend's "favorite Ex" which is probably only true because we've never actually dated. But it made me laugh anyway.
Receiving a confession on my facebook wall from a friend.
Getting asked on a date.
This may not sound like a "highlight" per se, but I taught my first Gospel Doctrine lesson (ever!) on Sunday and even though my knees were shaking the whole time, it went well, thanks to the awesome people in my class who tried so hard to make it easy for me. I've decided I kind of like teaching, and I think I'm going to really enjoy it.
Realizing that Savannah held out on blogging for so long, and then when we finally broke her down into starting a blog, she's since become more addicted to it than the rest of us put together. I'm quite amused.
My class is canceled today, which is why I'm writing this and not sitting in class. I got an extra hour and a half of sleep and loved it.
I converted a whole new group of friends to the amazingness that is Oscar. I love that no one really believes that it's going to be good, but by the end of the movie, they all love it.
And yeah, that's pretty much it right now. More soon. :)
1 comment:
OSCAR!!!!
YES! Where are these new converts? I must meet them.
Post a Comment