Another small joy: I'm watching Lord of the Rings right now. The Two Towers, to be precise. And I can't pretend that I don't love it. Because I do. It brings back memories of my mostly-in-the-past geekdom. I never did learn elvish, but I knew those books inside and out. And I just recently bought a biography of J. R. R. Tolkien, one that I'd read once upon a long time ago. It was my favorite one. And yes, we'll just simply overlook the fact that I've read enough biographies of Tolkien to actually have a favorite.
Speaking of cars...
Oh right, no cars mentioned. Yet. Now there are. (I'm meta-writing, if you haven't noticed)
So speaking of cars,
Did you know that my roommate Stephanie can fit through the sunroof of a car? We tried that last night. (Random aside, did you ever wonder how on earth Gollum learned so much about the Last Battle of Men, Elves, and Orcs? He seems to know an eerie amount for a guy who's been living in a hole in the ground for the last 500 years...) Then we sat in the car and watched a movie because it was after curfew and we didn't want to end the party. Granted, my body hated me this morning for it.
Merry: "What happened to the Entwives?"
Treebeard: "We lost them."
Does that seem funny to anyone else?
And I'm rambling today. No deep thoughts coming out of this brain. I feel very much like the pre-solar-charged WallE. I'm functioning (barely) but it's not really accomplishing much.
2 comments:
I can totally see you in sparkly green nail polish, it just suits you! Sounds like you're having loads of fun. :-)
AHhahahha yes, YES, he's ridiculous!
And I remember feeling so annoyed at all these girls who went kookoo over Orlando Bloom.
And then one night, while watching the movie, there was this one scene where he's standing guard at night or something in a white outfit that looks light blue in the lighting, and I gasped and thought "Oh no, they're right, he really is hot!"
And then I denied it for the rest of the movie. (And it was a quick recovery after that, don't worry--I realized once again how not-the-best he is).
I'm rambling, too!
Post a Comment